Monday, July 11, 2011

Fenway Park in our Backyard

Ok, maybe we are missing the Green Monster, but we do now have bases and bats.  Princess bat for Ella of course:)

Every night after dinner, the kids are ready for a game of baseball and kickball, so Jeff got serious and brought home some gear.

Austin has to be careful to not actually hit too hard, otherwise we lose the balls to our neighbors.7-11-11, austin at home plate Ella played not only in heels, but with her baby playing 2nd base.7-11-11, ella and baseball 7-11-11 ella But, with a little sister, your stuff is never safe and Reese swooped in as soon as she could.7-11-11, reese taking ella's baby and stroller

Reese also learned a new word today, “Boo Boo.”   7-11-11, reese learns the word boo boo

She just kept repeating it, “boo boo, boo boo”  A little daddy love and band-aid and all was well in the world.7-11-11, reese with daddy

We are getting very excited for our upcoming vacation to Hilton Head.  Tonight, as I was putting Ella to bed.   After stories, and a tender, un-prompted “i love you mommy,” we started talking about going on an airplane.

But first, I must say, there is nothing sweeter than having  a moment to just sit with your child, one on one, with no distractions, get to snuggle them, look then in the eye, and hear what is going on in their mind.  Icing on the cake is for them to tell you how much they love you and then wrap their arms around your neck so tightly and not want to let go.  I put this down, in hopes that I am able to remember the sweet feeling years from now when she won’t fit in my lap anymore.

Ok so, back to our conversation.  As I tucked her in, Ella asked who was going to drive the airplane.  I told her and she said, “but mommy, I don’t like pirates!”  Guess I need to work on my annunciation:)

Another side note, Austin has perfected the art of Arm Pit Farts.  His two sisters are trying to be just like him and you can sometimes catch Reesie trying to do her own.  Will post it if I can capture the glory of a 6 year old Arm Pit Champion.

No comments:

Post a Comment