Austin came running down to our room at 5:10am. We made him go back to bed until 6am, then he still had to wait until we woke the girls up at 7am. Poor guy, but I think it was worth the wait!
I am putting these in un-edited. As you can see, we have runny noses, and it is nearly impossible to get a picture with all three kids or even two kids looking at the camera, but that is how our life is…loud, messy, and a little crazy, but full of lots of LOVE!
It was harder to capture shots of Austin opening his presents because he moved quickly, but was so excited with each one…”YEAH!!, I got it!” He would shout. On the top of his wish list was a baseball Nintendo DS game, a tackle buddy (Santa got him a Cowboys one, which he said he wished had been a Giants one, but Cowboys was his 2nd choice), and pokemon, baseball, and football cards.
Although Santa initially got Ella a doll house, she asked him for her own house. One she could get in and play with all her dolls. So, the doll house waits for her birthday. This was a hit with all the kids.
The girls love to play teacher and put their babies to “night-night” and we aren’t using Reese’s (Hand sewn by grandma) bumper anymore, so with a tear, I cut it up and sewed mats and lovies for the babies.
The other interesting and new thing this year, it didn’t matter which girl the gift was given to, the other one took and it made it her own. Luckily they don’t seem to care and aren’t fighting…yet.
Austin did not want his picture taken, so this was all I could get. After opening presents at home, we went back by my parents house and then to Grandma Chris’ house. It was a present explosion, but very relaxing, and most of all FUN!
I have very good intentions of sitting the kids down to write their thank you notes…hmm, part of my new years resolution to be more organized. Here’s hoping I am able to stick to those resolutions!
No comments:
Post a Comment