Thursday, February 28, 2013

Jeff’s 1st Half Marathon

On Sunday, February 17, 2013, Jeff ran his first half marathon at the Austin Half Marathon race.

He started training months ago and was more than ready and we are so proud of him!  Our wonderful friends joined us for the weekend to cheer him on.

IMG_0009IMG_0011IMG_0021jeff's timejeff's medalIMG_0013IMG_0017IMG_0020

We hit Hula Hut on Saturday afternoon, the day before the race, and then the kids all got to swim together at the indoor pool that night.  After the race we hit Shady Grove.  Beautiful weather, great friends, and a celebratory drink!

IMG_0023IMG_0024IMG_0025

I have no desire to ever run a half, much less a full marathon.  But, I am so proud of Jeff for his dedication.  He sometimes has to go late at night or very early in the mornings, even on the weekends, to get his training in.  He now has a sprint tri-athalon on  his mind and a full marathon planned for later in the year.

We love you baby!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Jeff... So great! Such great friends y'all have to make the trip. I can't wait to run again now that I am 40 weeks pregnant..... This brings back memories if what a high it is!

    ReplyDelete