Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Happy Fathers Day


Austin, Ella and Reese
This is rare but this is a post from your dad.  Days like today make me realize how lucky I really am.  I have three healthy, happy and beautiful (handsome to you buddy) kids that I love and adore more than words can express.  I always wanted to be a dad and I hope so far I am being a pretty good one.  I know you still have a lot of growing up to do but I wanted to write you each something to express my thoughts and feelings about you and why it is a joy being your dad.
Austin – I love your attraction with sports and how you work to improve your athletic skills.  You have a desire to be helpful and a true spirit to care for others.  You are smart, witty and have a curious nature.  You are still learning the role of big brother (it takes years, believe me I know) but your sisters are lucky to have you as you are to have them, even if you don’t realize it now.  You are becoming more independent each day and with that comes more responsibility.  You are stronger than you sometimes realize so remember that when it feels like too much to handle.  I couldn’t have asked for a better son and I love you very much.
Ella – The day you were born I knew I was in trouble.  You were so beautiful with your long dark hair and I worried if I was ever going to be able to tell you No.  You are my baby girl and even though you are no longer a baby you will always be my baby girl.  You are strong willed, independent and not afraid to speak your mind.  You also have an open heart and love to express you feelings, which makes you all girl and very special.  I am amazed of how much you remind me of your mother and I hope you appreciate that fact one day.  You are a wonderful daughter and I love you very much.
Reese – You are the baby in the family simply because you are the youngest but to me you are also so much more.  You are the one that made our family complete.  I always wanted to have three kids and when your mother and I had you I finally understood why.  You are sweet, funny, loving and quite simply adorable.  If we are ever in need of a hug your arms are always open to provide one.  If we are in need of a laugh you know just how silly to be to give us one.  I cherish each moment you give us and relish in each phase we go through because I know with you it will be the last time.  I love how you look to copy your older brother and sister but yet still end up doing it your own way.  You are a wonderful daughter and I love you very much.
So thank you for making all my day’s special and know that I love each of you so very much.  We have so much more to experience together and I can’t wait.  I also want you to know that I will always be there for you and will always be one of your biggest fans.
Love, Dad

2 comments: