Saturday, August 30, 2014

Week of fun before school starts

Jeff took the whole week off and I took the 2nd half off so that we could all hang out and have some family fun before school started.  Aside from Hilton Head, this was no doubt, my favorite part of the summer.

A few of the highlights included adventure day on Tuesday with Daddy which included Bucees, swimming at Jason’s Well and fishing at Blanco State Park.

IMG_0760.JPG (2)IMG_0761

I hear it was crazy cold! (And that silly hand sign is called deuces, and they are all obsessed, thanks DaddySmile)

IMG_0766IMG_0769IMG_0770IMG_0776IMG_0778.JPG (2)IMG_0779

On Wednesday, we all headed to Schlitterbahn.  I hadn’t been there since high school.  Reese was a champ and made it on some of the big kid rides.  We had so much fun!

IMG_0753IMG_0759.JPG (2)

A little trampoline fun at Thin Air on Thursday.

IMG_0769.JPG (2)IMG_0770.JPG (2)IMG_0771IMG_0773

Don’t let this picture deceive you, there were major meltdowns 2 minutes later…why…who knows, they were mad, I got mad…but we all got over it soon enough.

IMG_0781

That night we got to meet Ella and Austin’s teacher.  It was pretty chaotic, Reese way trying to make herself one of the students, kids and parents everywhere, so all I caught was this picture of Ella already claiming her spot with her fabulous pencil box.  Both teachers seem fantastic, the kids loved them, and it was so nice to see all of the friendly faces again.

IMG_0783

There was more craziness, mixed with tears and laughter the rest of the weekend.  All reminders of how lucky we are to have each other and enjoy every  moment, because each and every one really is a gift.

IMG_0727IMG_0731IMG_0745

No comments:

Post a Comment