I had to work in Dallas for a few days over the holiday break, so Jeff being the sweet husband that he is, loaded up the kids and they all came along with me. They played and hit the town and then we all got to be together at night.
We loaded up on Sunday afternoon and hit the road.
After a quick stop at Bucees ( a must for a Madrid road trip), we made our way to one of our favorite restaurants in Austin for dinner. It was a bit wet and cold outside so we got these cozy seat by the fire.
All was smooth sailing until we then hit awful traffic in north Austin. Not gonna lie, it was an hour of pure misery. We eventually made it out and peacefully made it the rest of the way to our hotel in Dallas.
Jeff and the kids hit the Dallas Aquarium on Monday, it sounds like they had a blast.
Afterwards, they hit a burger joint at Goff’s Hamburger and in true Reese style, she ordered a salad. I love that she marches to the beat of her own drum. Then it was back to the hotel to swim and see the swans, Queen and Baron.
This is the hotel that I stay at whenever I am in Dallas. It makes me feel a little better now when I am there that they have seen it and know where I am. (I try to ignore the other part that bums me out that now I am there without them)
That night we made it to the American Girl Doll store so that Ella and Reese could shop for Lily and Addison. My camera has been acting up, so I wasn’t able to grab any pictures there, but here is Ella with Lily back at home. Man, she loves that doll!
On Tuesday, they went to Lego Land while I wrapped up work.
They picked me up at the end of the day and then we headed back home. Luckily our drive back was pretty fast and uneventful. I was truly amazed at how well they did, since it was our first long drive. I know it was a lot of work for Jeff, since they fight…a lot, but I know the kids had a great time and it made me so happy to have them there with me!
No comments:
Post a Comment