We are definitely in a sweet spot with all the kids, but I think specifically Austin. He still wants my company and to talk before bed about sweet and silly stuff, but he also is incredibly helpful with the girls, get his chores and homework done without much attitude at all. I know it is probably coming with the teen years, but I am cherishing each moment we have right now.
I always used to think the baby years were the best because there was so much cuddling and love, but I can not totally understand other parents who said it really does keep getting better. It is pretty cool to see the individual smart, fun guy he is becoming.
To start the celebration, Jeff took these 5 to the UT Longhorn baseball game in Austin. We weren't quite sure the rain was going to stay away, but luckily they got wet, but the game went on.
These boys are so sweet and have known each other for 7 years...it is pretty cool to see them grow.
While they were away, the girls and I caught a movie, had dinner, and made Austin's cake.
Then back home for a sleepover. Suprisingly, it was pretty easy, I may or may not have yelled at 2am that it was enough and they had to go up and turn off the lights, but at least I got sleep:)
The next day we celebrated at Grandma Chris' house with the annual pool kick-off party of the year.
Austin got some super cool presents from all of his grandparents, he is a lucky boy!
His first big-guy wallet.
Poor Jeff had a work trip in Orlando on Monday morning, his actual birthday, but we had a great time the actual day and celebrated a little extra in his honor.
We headed to Willie's for dinner and he officially moved to the front seat...he told me "mom, just accept it, this is happening."
The story of my life...trying hard to hold onto them while I can, and slowly letting go when I need to.
We love you so much buddy and hope you have a fantastic year!




















Hey I love your pictures are nice
ReplyDelete