Ella can now very proudly says she is three years old!
All day long I kept thinking, “I can’t believe she is three years old!” Last year on her 2nd birthday, Reese was a newborn so I was too exhausted to actually enjoy the day. But this year I got to take it all in and relish in the little person she is.
My mom stopped by after school to wish her happy birthday, and said to me “much better than what you were doing three years ago today, huh?” I said “actually she was the only epidural that worked, and those drugs were good:)” (So good that Jeff got to watch college basketball playoff games and a Spurs game while I was in labor)
I still get sad that my babies are growing up, but it is also so great to watch them become people. While playing outside on Monday evening, Ella had figured out how to climb all the way up the slide. She shouted out “Oh my goodness, this is so much fun!”
She pushes the boundaries, but just to see if she can, and when she knows she is about to go too far she usually does what you are asking her to do. She loves to give me a kiss. She still loves her milk and will drink as much as we let her. She has no fear and always makes sure she tells Austin every night “I love you Austin”
Happy Birthday Ella Bella, we love you!
Starting the morning with birthday donut holes.
Part 2 of the celebration – Cupcakes at school with her class.
Dinner of her choice, chicken nuggets of course. Then on to presents and cupcakes. We actually let her open her presents first, she obliged us with the traditional happy birthday song, but after a bite just wanted to go play with her new presents.
Ella got a brand new baby that has hair that she can brush and a new stroller. The baby closes her eyes when laid flat. She now insists on the baby sleeping in the stroller, laid backwards on the ground.![]()
The present I think she is most excited about, was a last minute decision. We had gotten Austin a bike when he turned three, but it didn’t get much use. I found this one as a deal that was too good not to get. She was so excited she hopped on and took off right there in the living room!
![]()
Jeff bedazzled the bike a little for her last night and both of our bikers got out there tonight. The thing that made me smile ear to ear is that she hopped on, for the first time ever, and just took off. We had to run after her to slow down. She has no fear, and loves it.
And because I love to look back, here was my cutie pie on our blessed day – 3/23/08:
And Austin on his 3rd birthday.
No comments:
Post a Comment