Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Easter Weekend 2011

There was no baseball game this weekend for Easter, but it was still a busy one.

Austin and Jeff went to an Easter egg hunt on Sat morning in Deerfield with friends.  Which by the way, are amazing.  I may have commented this in here before, but when we moved back from California and I had hopes of finding friends and a community that we would feel a part of.  It took us a few years, but once we moved the kids to Concordia we seemed to have found it. 

Friends, who care about your own kids, enough to remind them when they might not be making a good choice, but will take them to the grocery store with their own daughter, let them wear their dress-up heels, and eat donuts while they shop…just because it will make them happy:)  We are very lucky!!!

One of these other friends, is the Perkins family and kids.  Ella Perkins is in class with my Ella and Easton is in class with Reesie.  Easton turned 1 and had a fabulous party at the park.  Jeff was even able to join us for part of it, while Austin went to a 2nd Easter egg hunt with his friends. (Thanks Megan for the pics!)

4-23-11, happy reesie (2)4-23-11, happy reesie (5)   4-23-11, happy reesie and easton 4-23-11, happy reesie (3)

After the party we headed home, Jeff and Reese stayed at the house, while Ella and I went to meet up with Austin and friends to see Ella’s first movie – Rio.  Her first response was “it is too loud, I want to go home.”  She actually sat in my lap for most of the movie, and 4 potty breaks later we were done. 

We headed to church the next morning for Easter service and then headed to Grandma Chris’ to play with family. (Not quite picture-perfect, but still cute to me) 

4-24-11, easter 2011 Austin being silly.

4-24-11, silly austin 4-24-11, ella in the pool 4-24-11, easter pool love reese and mommy

I love the feeling of being with family, and Easter will always hold an extra special place in my heart, since Ella was born on Easter in 2008. 

I was off to Phoenix for work the next day, and Jeff braved the kids by himself for the week.  He did an AMAZING job, I am a lucky lady:)

No comments:

Post a Comment