Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Red and We get a night out!

Summer is upon us, and in June we will slow down quite a bit.  Austin is so excited, every day I pick him up from school he tells me how many days he has left.  We plan to celebrate the end of his first year of school with his first sleep over. 
In the meantime, we fill our weekends with baseball, birthday parties, and family.  This past weekend was a little different because Jeff and I got to escape for the night.  For my birthday (Yes, back in January) my parents gave me the gift of sending Jeff and I away for a night and watching the kids.  It took four months, but we finally took advantage. 
Austin had a 9am baseball game, that he did amazing at!  They are starting to not just hit the ball, but make plays, get outs—I love it! I love the look on his face when he is proud of the play he just made, and watching him give Jeff a high five.
Halfway through the game I left and took Ella to her two close friends birthday party – Ella Perkins and Addie Brown.  Ella adores these girls, they and Jack Putnicki are who I hear about everyday.  It was nice to get some one-on-one time with her.  What I found hilarious, was that every ride she rode—had to be red.  There was a red helicopter, red boat, red airplane, red ring-pop.
DSCN0564 5-14-11, ella in the red boat 5-14-11, ella in red helicopter 5-14-11, ella and jack 5-14-11, ella at girls party with her ring pop
Addie, Ella P., Ella, and Jack5-14-11, fantastic fourAfter the party, we headed home, left the kids with my parents and Jeff and I escaped.  We ate, we drank, we shopped, we relaxed by the pool, we ate more, we listened to a band, and we slept late Sunday morning (that might have been our favorite part)  Most importantly, we came back feeling refreshed, reminded of how much we love our three monkeys and each other.

My poor parents were EXHAUSTED.  My mom said “I will be helping out more, I feel bad for you!”  My dad said he woke up Sunday morning to find all three kids at the bottom of the stairs,
I wasn’t expecting that!” Not sure how, but Austin got Reese out of her crib and all three of them made it down the stairs.  Addie’s mom told me that at the girls 2nd party of the day, they hid under a tiny corner and were nowhere to be found for 5 minutes, scaring my mom and Megan.  My mom left that part out from me, since there wasn’t much time for words as they were running out the door as soon as we were home:)
They had a great time, and so did the kids!
Thank you Mimi and Papa, we love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment