Sunday, June 19, 2011

Mimi’s Birthday and Father’s Day Weekend

We have had soo much fun!  On Friday night we went out to BC Golf Ranch in Helotes to hear a friend play music and hangout with friends.  Reese stayed at Chris’ for a few hours, so Jeff and I got to relax.  I can see the light, in two years life IS going to be easier.
Austin asked whose foot that was, it was another little girl we didn’t know, but made friends with Lauren and Ella.  I love how little kids have no inhibitions and join right in:)
 6-17-11, kids on hammock6-17-11, ella and mom
We didn’t do much during the day, Ella colored, with her favorite color- RED!6-18-11, ella coloring red6-18-11, ella
Saturday night we celebrated Mimi’s birthday.  It was a little late, and took us three restaurant tries, but after a delicious meal at El Mirasol, we headed home to eat one of the ugliest, but still yummy cakes.  (Yes, I made it and forgot you only take off the top of one layer, not both.)  Hence, my earlier post about not cooking.
And yes, Ella did stick her finger in the cake:)
 6-18-11, mimi's 58th bday 6-18-11, blowing out mimi's 58th bday candles 6-18-11, ella mimi reese 6-18-11, ella sticks her hand in mimi's cake
Sunday was a fantastic Father’s Day celebration.  Before heading to Grandma Chris’ we played, Ella has decided if she can’t have the car to herself she will at least play with Reese and give her a ride.
6-19-11, ella gives reese a ride6-19-11, ella gives reese a kiss6-19-11, ella driving her car_edited-1
Then it was food and pool time!  Reese took a fantastic nap, so I felt like I even got to relax a little.  After nap she played in the pool too.  We all came home exhausted and happy.
Happy Father’s Day to the first man in my life, love you Dad!
6-19-11, papa, nathan, me, jacob 6-19-11, ella and mimi
Austin was in heaven with Uncle Jacob around.  He has become quite the fish and LOVED being thrown in by Jacob and Jeff.  A HUGE change from a few years ago when he didn’t even want to get in.
6-19-11, uncle jacob throws austin in    6-19-11, austin in pool6-19-11 austin torpedo 6-19-11, austin and jeffQuite similar to my mother’s day picture, Jeff looks exhausted, but happy.  
6-19-11, austin, ella, reese, and jeff on fathers day

In the words of Ella, "I love you Daddy, I love you Daddy....I love you Daddy...I love you Daddy!"
and Reese, "Daaddaaa (as he eyes light up and her toothy grin grows into a big smile)", and Austin, whose love and appreciation is now showing in a different bond through a shared love of sports, fixing things, and awe at his invincible dad killing big, bad bugs.
Happy Father's Day, we love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment