Saturday, September 24, 2011

Reese – 18 months old

A few weeks ago, Reesie turned 18 months old.  Something happened, something changed, our sweet mellow girl discovered her voice, her opinions, and became a full-on toddler.

She now proudly boasts, “No!” “Help me” “Bye” – as she pushes me away because she wants to climb the slide on her own, not have me help her.  She also gets very upset when she doesn’t get what she wants.  I knew this was coming, but was hoping not for another 6 months or so. 

Still, she is sweet and snuggly, and gives great kisses, and she asks for Ella when she gets up in the morning.  She also has no fear, and climbs every chair, table, toy, whatever that she can find.  She wants to be with Austin and Ella, do whatever they do.  She wants to read in your lap.  She tells me, “Mess” whenever there is one and she wants a paper towel or napkin so she can pretend to clean.  She pushes her babies in their stroller, and lays them face down, execution style (as Jeff would say) just like Ella does to put them to “night, night.”  She also routinely laughs so hard she snorts:)

She moved up to the 18 month old class at school, Ms. Chayo, just like Ella had.  I had a surreal moment when she first moved in there because I was pregnant with Reese when Ella was in that class and when she was born.  It seems like yesterday that I was bringing Reese in her little carrier to pick Ella up, trying to manage all three little ones…and now 2 years have flown by and Reese is in there and Austin is in 1st grade.  Weird!

Weight: 22 lbs 6 ozs, 22%, Height: 32 3/4”, 79%, Head: 48.3cm, 90%

9-17-11, reese at baseball game

We love you sweet girl!

Because I love to look back, Austin and Ella at 18 months:

I think Reese resembles Austin a lot at this age. 

10-15-06, austin and his shoe

I didn’t plan this and I didn’t take a picture of Reese yesterday, but it was 9/23/11 and she wore this brown/striped outfit for the first time yesterday.  The same outfit Ella wore 9/23/09, when she turned 18 months old - WEIRD!  It was the first day of fall, and it was the closest thing I could find that went with that feeling, maybe that is what I was thinking with Ella?

9-23-09, silly girl 9-23-09, mommy, austin and ella

1 comment:

  1. I love keeping up with your blog! I don't know how you do it w 3 kiddos. You inspire me!!! A few months ago I remember reading about your new camera. Which one did you buy? Do you like it? I am in the market for a new one.

    ReplyDelete