Unedited and messy, but wanted to snap a picture now that they are all 1.5 years old, 3.5 years old, and 6.5 years old.
Ella and Austin spent the night at Grandma Chris’ on Friday. They went to the church pumpkin patch that Leslie and Joel were volunteering at to pick us up some pumpkins.
Which by the way, when talking about babies today and the two little pumpkins in Aunt Leslie’s tummy, Ella said (in a very protective voice) “those are our cousins.” It was very sweet. Never having had cousins I was close to myself and never having been an Aunt before, I am so excited for our family and Leslie and Joel!!!!!
Things they have said lately:
Austin said "I like watching baseball with you dad" as he was snuggled up to Jeff.
Ella said "daddy, you are my beat friend"
When I would only read Ella two books at bedtime instead of three "when I'm a mommy, I am going to read three books!
Reese said for the first time "I love you mommy"
My favorite part of this past for Sunday was when Austin came along with me to pick up dinner. He doesn't usually want to go on errands with me (unlike Ella who is always up for a ride). But, the kids were tired and grumpy and somehow he agreed to come. We had such a great conversation! Not about anything big, but how younger siblings can be SO annoying and then just about life in general. It is already becoming a little harder for me to connect with Austin than Jeff (I don't have the sports thing in common), but this was a great reminder of how important it is for me to try and get one-on-one time with him.
I love to hear what he thinks about the world and even though at the time he wanted to punch his sisters, he always thinks of them first when we are picking up any kind of treat, etc.
No comments:
Post a Comment