Ella was in need of some of extra one on one attention, as we all are sometimes, so she and I escaped for a mommy-daughter pedicure. It was “Reese’s birthday weekend,” Sat afternoon, and as I was strapping Ella into her car seat, she said “Mommy, this is a very busy day!”
Busy, but that didn’t stop her from wanting to go!
I let her pick whatever colors she wanted. With her color choice, it was hard for her to understand why I would only pick one boring, pink color for all 10 toes.
I think it is a challenge for her sometimes, wanting to be big like Austin while at the same time, wanting the attention of being little like Reese. I am trying to remind myself that more patience will go a long way.
But, I think any challenges are overshadowed by how much these three love each other and how nice it is to have a little sister who looks up to you.
One of Ella’s favorite past times is trying to spell different words.
She is also convinced that Ella is spelled E-L-L-A-M. She was in class for so long with Ella Perkins, that even I call out” Ella Madrid” when trying to get her attention and in class, to distinguish their names, they had to add the first letter of their last name.
From the looks of things, I think the girls are doing okay, even if they do have to share their name.
No comments:
Post a Comment