Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Our Paris and London trip–day three

We took advantage of being so close to London that we decided to use the Eurostar and spend one day there during our trip.  We got up early on Tuesday to meet our tour bus that would take us to the train station.  A few hours later we were in London!

We used a tour that had a hop-on-hop-off bus.  Since we only had the one day and had to be back at the station by 6pm, we moved pretty quickly.  My favorite stop was St. Paul’s cathedral, which I didn’t get any pictures of because they didn’t allow it inside.  I insisted on climbing to the 2nd highest level and ended up paying for it with sore legs for the rest of the week.  Still worth it I thinkSmile

IMG_0134IMG_0135IMG_4812IMG_4804IMG_4789IMG_4790IMG_4807

IMG_4809

I have to say that I was a little disappointed with the crown jewels.  I don’t know what I thought I was going to see, but it sure didn’t match what I had pictured in my mind.  However, it turned out to be fall break, so every place we went was packed with kids and families, so we passed the time waiting in line with some fantastic people watching and listening.

IMG_4813

London bridge in my mind is apparently tower bridge….

IMG_4816IMG_4817

I figured if we were here I needed to have a pint and fish and chips…yum!IMG_4802IMG_4801IMG_0140

After lunch we used the bus to get to see the London Eye, Big Ben, Westminster Abby and Buckingham Palace.  (It was so weird how they drove on the other side of the street)

IMG_4820IMG_4822IMG_4834IMG_4837IMG_4851IMG_4858IMG_4860IMG_0141IMG_4863IMG_4866IMG_4867

No changing of the guard today, but pretty cool to see them in their uniforms guarding the palace.

IMG_4868

It was fast and furious, but I am so happy that we went, it was so fun to see one more new place.

IMG_0139

And then we were back in our home for the rest of the week!

IMG_4872

No comments:

Post a Comment