We got to go and meet your teacher, Mrs. Jennifer Segura last week. You are going to Wilderness Oak Elementary, the same school you played YMCA basketball at last winter. Since you had been there before so you didn’t seem scared at all. It is a huge school, over 2000 kids, but they keep the kinders very well separated. Luckily you already knew one little boy, Clayton, from your summer blast program, and you guys became cubby buddies.
When asking you how you feel about this all, you say you are nervous, but excited. Grandma Chris stayed with Ella and Reese so daddy and I could both go and drop you off this morning. You were so brave, and were playing before we could even get out the door.
There are no words to say how much we love you and how proud we are of you. I am sure the rest of the years will fly by too (Jeff has already calculated you will graduate in 2023 and he will be 46, which he thinks sounds old. I think we will have a different opinion when the time comes.) I have loved watching you grow from our first born, to your first words calling me “DOG” (instead of mom), to your first soccer and tball games, and now your first day of school. We can’t wait to see what the year has in store!
In our hearts, it seems like this was just yesterday, April 18, 2005:
Now here you are, 5 years later!
No comments:
Post a Comment