It was a week of firsts for Austin and Ella. Austin finished his 1st week of 1st grade with Ms. Armstrong and Ella moved up to the official Pre-K room, Ms. Nancy. To say she was excited would be an understatement. Ella views this room as the BIG girl room and was ecstatic to go. She was also reunited with Ella Perkins. I always ask the kids who they played with during the day. On Thursday she answered, “Ella Perkins.” I asked if she played with anyone else and she said, “Ella Perkins is my best friend. I only play with her!” I know this isn’t actually true, but it is great to see these two together. Although they are missing Addie Brown, we know she is doing awesome in her own new class. The other thing Ella proclaimed this week was “Ella has the same name as me, we are both Ella.” Simple I know, but it was the first time it registered with her that yes, they have the same name, and what that means. I love watching the kids grow, learn, and understand.
Ella wasn’t as happy about her taking new school pictures, but she obliged for me.
What better way to celebrate in San Antonio than with Mexican food. We are making it an annual tradition as we also went here after the first week of kinder.
Dr. Pepper (a rare treat) for Austin and margaritas for the grown-ups.
We had a great time catching up with Aunt Leslie, Uncle Joel, Grandpa Al and Grandma Liz.
Ella made a dash for Aunt Leslie’s purse.
The rest of the weekend was spent trying not to melt. My car actually said 110 degrees. This cutie pie said her first three word phrase, “No, MY babeee!”
But, she said it with a smile:)
![]()
No comments:
Post a Comment