The summer flew by and much to Austin’s chagrin, it was time to go back. He was a little nervous when we went to meet the teacher on Friday afternoon and he specifically was curious to find out what color her hair was. (I have no idea why, but this was important to him)
His fears were calmed when we were greeted with a hug from Mrs. Davis and this sweet note and goodie bag.
Unfortunately, late Sat night Austin got a visit from the nasty stomach bug and was laid out in bed all day Sunday. By the evening he started to recover and was ready to go this morning for his 1st day of 2nd grade!
I let him pick all of his school supplies, backpack and lunch bag himself this year. New shoes and new bag, ready to go.
Cutest 2nd grader I know!
Off to school (so early it is still dark)
When I got there to pick him up, he was having so much fun he asked if I could get the girls and then come back for him. I call that a successful first day!
We are so proud of you buddy! It is hard to believe you are already in 2nd grade—I remember being in 2nd grade (I had Mrs. Delgado). Even harder to believe is that next year Ella will be coming with you to school.
We love you, have a great year!!
No comments:
Post a Comment