Monday, April 18, 2011

Battle of Flowers- celebrating at the park and swimming in the backyard

It is hard to explain to anyone not from San Antonio, but the whole city shuts down, school included for the last Friday of Fiesta.  There is a Battle of Flowers parade, which I have actually never been to.  Austin was trying to understand and asked if the flowers fight each other.

The weather was actually perfect so we got a picnic lunch of McDonald’s (I know, not so healthy, but the kids choice and the fries were yummy) and hit the park.

Reese is finally getting some hair and on her way to catching up with Ella.  (It was VERY windy)

4-14-11, reese swinging 4-14-11, ella and reese at the park 

Back home, while Reese napped, I drug out the baby pool for Ella and Austin.  They had such a great time and actually played together.

Took the 1st picture one for Jeff from my phone and emailed it to him so he could see them while at work.

4-15-11, ella and austin in the pool 4-15-11, austin     4-15-11, ella in her princess swimming suit4-15-11, pool 4-15-11,ella going in4-15-11, austin jumping out

I was surprised at how well they played, I think it was actually 30 minutes with no fighting.  They then got out and Austin invented a game of ball fight for them to play.  4-15-11, ball fight

It is often so crazy with three little ones that it is often hard for me to stop and appreciate and enjoy them.  This day was crazy, but in a good way and I so enjoyed my little moments with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment